As the summer fades and we approach fall, staff and students took part in a variety of activities during the month of August. Here are just a few of the activities students participated in.
- Students and their families went on the week long Salmon River white water rafting trip for some adventure and to reconnect as a family.
- Students and staff went to Sandpoint to swim at Trestle Creek on beautiful Lake Pend Oreille.
- Participating students also spent the week preparing their exhibits for the 44th annual POAC art and craft show held in Sandpoint. All students and staff attended the craft show at City Beach Park in Sandpoint.
- Eleven students actively participated in a draft magic tournament. The kids put a lot of work into getting ready for it and the event was a success. Good job, kids!
- Students and staff went to Hope House in Sandpoint to continue their community service project by assisting where needed in helping those in need.
- Participating students spent time putting the finishing touches on their art projects and musical numbers in anticipation of the art show they hosted at the Pearl Theater in Bonners Ferry. The show was a ringing success.
- Students and Farm Manager, Charles, went the Boundary County Fair in Bonners Ferry where they won several blue ribbons for their artwork and horticulture exhibits.
- Students and staff began discussions around bullying, personal space and walking away from unwanted situations with students pitching their own thoughts and ideas and staff members creating some fun and educational examples. Great dialogues for the kids.
- Recreation Therapist, Rec. Rob, took a group of students to Sandpoint for a theater adventure to see Shakespeare in the Park, a travelling performance put on by a group of drama students based in Montana.
- Adventure Education Director, Dave, took a group of kids to Sandemonium, a fandom convention, at the Charter School in Sandpoint.
- The staff and students continued their community discussions this week with an emphasis on sharing ideas regarding how to apologize to others. Great job!
It was another fun and productive month with staff and students getting out into the community, showcasing their talents and giving back. Great job, everyone!