October means fall weather and Halloween, giving staff and students the opportunity to spend time outside enjoying the beautiful fall colors. It also allows them to prepare the entire campus for Halloween and the annual holiday carnival!
- Farm manager, Charles, the Plant Operations Team and a group of students are building a new campus shop. Students are learning about concrete and all of the aspects that go into this kind of endeavor.
- Rec Rob took a group of students off campus to the Kootenai Wildlife refuge in Bonners Ferry for a nature walk around the Deep Creek Trail.
- Rec Rob also took a group of students to Libby, Montana for an off campus frisbee golf trip on their awesome course.
- Adventure Education Supervisor, Dave, took a group of students off campus for an evening hike up Clifty Mountain Trail, complete with headlamps and snow!
- Students attended Harvest Fest, the last Farmers Market Saturday in Sandpoint and were treated to a glimpse of Solar Roadways solar street panels invented right here in Sagle, Idaho!
- There was a Pokemon tournament this month with all interested students bringing their favorite cards and stepping up the competition.
- Staff and students had a night out for dinner and a concert at the Pearl Theater featuring Toney Rocks. Toney offered students a music lesson prior to going on stage and they loved it!
- Students worked with Art Teacher, Darcy, to clear out a space by the old greenhouse for a kiln.
- A group of students took a trip to Scarywood at Silverwood theme park where the roller coaster runs backwards for a really scary treat! A great way to get in the Halloween spirit!
- Adventure education guru, Dave, took a group on a hike to local Farnsworth Meadows to view the amazing fall colors we’re having this year.
- Students and staff traveled to our sister school in Naples to challenge them to a flag football game. It was a close game and a good opportunity to show off our good sportsmanship skills!
- Parents and students took an off campus trip to the symphony in Spokane where they were treated to musical selections from Harry Potter and other favorite student films and then all went to Nate’s New York Pizza for a slice or two.
- Halloween brought out the best in staff and students from decorating the main house and grounds to putting on another wonderful Halloween Carnival. Some of the festivities for the week included:
- Staff and students dressed for each day of Spirit week and celebrated their original and amazing costume ideas. For example, we had Superhero Day, Twin Day, Sports Day and several others, which made for a fun filled week.
- Staff and students went to the pumpkin patch to select pumpkins to carve and decorate for Halloween.
- Equine students had fun making up a very patient Tux the horse to look like a skeleton and did an amazing job!
- Students and parents staying on campus participated in a Halloween scavenger hunt, pumpkin carving contest and carnival to celebrate the fun of this Halloween season together.
Thank you to all of our staff and students for another wonderful and fun filled month!